【Breakthrough】

Cautiously, I'd lean back in my seat; my body adjusting to the gradual reclining function despite eyes being trained upon the screen not far before me, one coated with the televised broadcasts of the nation and those surrounding.
Flashing hues of red coupled with the symphony of gunshots broadcasted internationally. Police brutality on channel seven, the death of endangered wildlife on eight point six, a nice Cuban cooking show on eight point eight, war in the middle east on nine. Repeat the cycle and prey you happen to come upon a new topic, I've never liked Cuban cooking, though the news never changes now.
I yearn for the days when we heard often of the positives, the breakthroughs in revolutionary technology--as opposed to technology breaking through skin during faux revolution.

Comments